13 July 2007

"If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?"

I have often heard this (Psalm 11:3) raised up as a banner by Christian organizations concerned about where culture, or the church, is headed. But today when we read it at lunch, I saw the context and realized that we have a simple response to this kind of appeal.

Here's Psalm 11:1-3 (NASB):

In the LORD I take refuge;
How can you say to my soul, "Flee as a bird to your mountain;
For, behold, the wicked bend the bow,
They make ready their arrow upon the string
To shoot in darkness at the upright in heart.
If the foundations are destroyed,
What can the righteous do?"

So, what should be our response when we're told, "If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?"

Simple: "In the LORD I take refuge - how can you say that to me?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home